1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'd Pay to See The "22's"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'd only sit in the EZ if the seats were way up. Down in Miami, we were well above the field so it was pretty cool to see plays breaking down.
    But the other seats are sick. My buddy's dad has had them for 30 years and he doesn't go to games anymore and instead, sells the tickets to whoever wants them at face. I go once a year.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked NFLN or DirecTV hasn't started showing the 22s from each game. I think it'd be a ratings winner.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Inky: I'm with you on this.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not since you handed back the keys, but it was close...

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you have a large HDTV, you should be able to get a great wide-angle view in 1070p.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A good example to what you can see in the 22's:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81dd0a75/Playbook-Steelers-WRs

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I don't think it'd necessarily be a ratings winner since the average fan doesn't care about three receivers running clearing routes to open up space for the primary target. They don't care that the safety is playing over the top or in the box. They like to watch the ball.

I do thing there would be a market if they had it as a paid add-on for Sunday Ticket. I'd buy it.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd only want the 22s if I get an NFL coach next to me explaining all the stuff I should be looking at on each play.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But they could. You could tailor the broadcast that way. Get real analysts up there, not just Jon Gruden telling us that Aaron Rodgers is a helluva guy.

Televised football is hard for me to watch sometimes, because of how little I see of the actual action. Like you, I don't understand everything about coverages and so forth. But I want to, and the televised format makes that impossible to do.

I also wish I could see substitutions instead of sideline and fan close-ups between plays. I'm watching, and suddenly somebody is doing something spectacular, and I didn't even know he was in the game.

Fans are more discerning nowadays, and the broadcasts need to catch up to that fact in all sports.

10. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Exactly. I love watching games that Brian Billick does because he'll break things down more than the average analyst.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I pay extra for the Shortcuts replay. I'd pay extra for the 22s too.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Another good example of the 22's .

In this video you can see play Steelers made at 2 minutes to seal game.

You can also see that The Steelers O line schooled The Jets D line. Mike Devito was awful.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81dea4e5/Playbook-Steelers-offense

Draft saved Draft deleted