1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'd like to say a prayer and drink to world peace......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Funniest Groundhog Day story..........

We have several HUGE Groundhog Suppers out here each year........Friday night before Groundhog Day, me and other sports guy were talking about which groundhog supper we were going to......newbie overhears us and says "What the hell are you talking about Groundhog Supper?!?!?"......

At this point, he is puddy in my hands. I tell him that each year, a bunch of old farmers go out, round up a couple dozen groundhogs in the area, trap them, kill them, and put them on a rotating spicket..........serve with applesauce, mashed potatoes and gravy.......I went through the whole thing......He was absolutely mortified...I even went on the internet and found a real groundhog recipe.......

We kept this going for a few hours before we finally told him.........se was laughing so hard, he couldn't breathe.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

They shoot groundhogs, don't they?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hell, we've barely had a winter down here. It was in the 70s last weekend. I just hope that doesn't mean tornado season lasts longer than normal.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It never stops here. Tornado warnings on Christmas Day, tornados on the way from Mississippi today.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep, one on the ground in Alabama right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted