1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'd like to officially declare my man crush ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

... on Marquette's Dominic James.

Dude took over tonight's CBE Classic championship against Duke, scoring 25 and being the catalyst in a game-determining 9-0 Marquette run.

I saw him play in a high school All-Star game -- featuring Greg Oden -- and I was like, 'Wow, this dude is clearly the next-best player on the court.' Even though yet another in the long line of Indiana white boy heroes got Mr. Basketball that year (a guy James can watch struggle in the Big East this year).

Saw James play a sampling of games last year and it was clear he was going to be a star at the college level.

After tonight, its clear he's going to be a star at any level. He can shoot from anywhere, drive the basket, dish the ball, you name it.

Plus he has a combination that's immediately endearing to me: he combines supreme talent with tenacious will.

I hope Milwaukee enjoys him while they have him, the NBA will be beckoning soon.

It's going to be a great year for Wisconsin college basketball.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dude is the truth, no doubt about it

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I am right there with you. I saw him play last year and he reminds me of AI when he was at Georgetown if I had to compare him to someone. I told my friend, a Duke fan, that he better be scared about tonight because James is so good.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not for me. :-\

5. carrie

carrie Active Member

he's no tony romo.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Does he have man boobs, like your last crush?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, there was only one Ol' Blue Eyes.... ;)

[​IMG]

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Dead. To. Me. [/IJAG]

9. Happy, happy, joy-joy! Happy happy joy!
    My degree's a little shinier this morning.
    Loved the way the crowd turned on Trust Fund U in the second half. And McRoberts already is a Chris Collins caliber whiner.
    Happy happy joy!

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bandwagon Boy's reaction:

These new players for Duke all SUCK!! They need to be CUT! The Great Coach Kay does not need to be dragged own by LOOSERS and CHOKERS like this! Where the hell is that supperstar freshmen Chryer! What is he supsended or somthing why dident he score 75 points!

Dammit I am SICK of these reffs CHEATING against us! They STOLE that game from us it is a CRIME and a JIPP and there aught to be a investigation!! What the hell is the NCA going to DO about this!! Probaly NOTHING they are in on it too! They hate Duke and tell the reffs to CHEAT us!!! I am so mad I am allmost as mad at the reffs as Coach Kay!!! THAT IS MAD YO!!

What the hell is going on over there!! SOMEONE DO SOMETHING DAMMIT!!!

11. Fubar

Fubar Member

Don't worry, Gutter... UWM got some nice recruits recently. They'll be back next year after taking this year off to reload.

Gotta admit... Two Wisconsin teams could potentially be in the top 10 next week. I'm not sure if that's ever happened before, but I like it. It's gonna be a fun winter.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I know. I have to keep telling myself that while watching this year's shit players develop and waiting for Torre and the Simeon boys next year. UWM will be back, contending for a conference title again next year. But right now, it's u-g-l-y.

Oh well, at least I can take some joy that UWGB and its Izzo/Crean ripoff of a coach are not going to live up to expectations this season. ;D

----

Dec. 9 at the Bradley Center ... UW vs. MU ... could be the first time the two are top 10 teams when they meet. The venom from each fan base will be intense that week.

Draft saved Draft deleted