1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ickes says Hillary has it locked up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 16, 2008.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hillary would be right at home in Chicago, home of vote early, vote often. :)

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If the Dems do that, I'll just go back to being unaffiliated.

It fits what my real beliefs are anyway.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Today's NY Times has a story on the superdelegates. Those who haven't committed are basically hiding, but most say they'll go with the voters. Now. whether that means who has the most pledged delegates or who won whatever state or district they're from is left up in the air, which is to be expected.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Going with the voters . . .

Hey, that's a concept.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Incidentally, and he's just one of several hundred, I talked with one super delegate about this last week. He hasn't declared his support for anyone AND he doesn't think it's going to come down to him and others like him deciding it. He's fairly prominent in terms of name recognition and stature compared to other super dels in his state and he made it clear that he thought it was a nightmare scenario if that's what it came down to. But he seemed sure (though it was wrapped up in a bit of hope, if you ask me) that the voters would decide the nominee.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I -- and most non-Republicans, I'd guess -- don't care how the GOP picks a nominee, so there probably wouldn't be much screaming. Hell, have a monkey pick a name out of a hat (which is not a bad idea anyway).

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I thought they picked a monkey out of a hat eight years ago...

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Hillary wants to count Mich and Fla delegates she "won". Nothing says old guard like changing the rules to suit yourself.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

America - where power and greed rule and the working class drool. Where every millionaire, secretly, thinks like Leona Helmsley.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This could be another example when the democrats should cakewalk into the White House and they fuck it up...

Granted, there has been no clear frontrunner on the Dems side, but as soon as McCain had good distance between himself and Romney, the RNC stepped in and asked Romney to get out for the good of the party. They probably pointed out that McCain was only likely to go one term if he wins and he'll be able to run in 2012 or 2016.

I agree that if Obama wins the primaries and Hillary gets the nomination, democrats will either go for McCain or not vote at all...

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It is shaping up as a huge mess the the democrat party and a shame for the country.

The Republicans are all buttoned up and ready to go and the democrats will be fighting from now until November.

Obama is the best thing to happen to democrats in a long long time. I can't believe that they have not fallen in behind him.

He seems like that rare candidate that many including myself would put party affiliation aside to vote for .

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree across the board... I'd vote for McCain over Obama, but I would have voted for Obama over Romney, Huckabee or probably most of the other republican candidates...

It absolutely blows my mind that the democrats are looking like they could actually fuck this up for a third straight presidential election...

Draft saved Draft deleted