1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ickes says Hillary has it locked up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 16, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Superdelegates will be the difference. He says it won't matter what happened in the primaries.

So tell me again that Republicans disenfranchise voters.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wow... so one of Hillary's senior advisers thinks she's going to win this, huh?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remain calm!! All is well!! :eek: :eek:

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the democrat convention is going to go swimmingly well.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. EE94

EE94 Guest

America - The Phony Democracy

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Even if the statement were true, which it isn't, people need to remember that there's no constitutionally enshrined right to vote in primaries, or indeed to have anything to do at all with the selection of a party's nominee. Primaries haven't been around that long. Is it BS that superdelegates might decide things? Sure. But it's not evidence of the disenfranchisement of voters. It's evidence maybe that voters have been convinced that a primary and the general election are the same thing, but it's not disenfranchisement.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If the Dems nominate Hillary even if Obama has more votes from the people, even the wettest dream from the GOP wouldn't be able to suppress voter turnout as much. John McCain is begging for that opportunity. Hell, his first commercial would talk about how Hillary isn't even the choice of her own party.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If the Dems do that, I'm done with them. I'm officially joining the fucking Green party or whatever other weird leftist, third-string party we have out here.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll be right behind you. Maybe we'll just start our own party.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Which is why, if Obama continues on the surge he's been on, he'll be the nominee. However, I think the pause in the election calendar may blunt that somewhat.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a Libertarian and Green Party voter, let me just say we aren't weird or leftist. But we're certainly third-string.

Draft saved Draft deleted