1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Icepocalypse 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 27, 2010.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We wound up with about 4-5 inches. Haven't been out yet. We're gonna head out when the baby wakes up from her nap.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Looks like there's about 8-10 inches outside and it's still coming down moderately in central Va. Looks like I'll be stuck inside playing NHL 10 and drinking all day.

Oh wait, that was going to happen anyway.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

We's all gonna die!!!!!

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I was 7 " at 11 am here in Richmond. We may get more snow this time than we did in December and that was 11.5.

Very light snow, though. It shovels very easily.

5. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

We've been without internet for the past two days or so, but only lost power for about half an hour last night. Sure was pretty with all the snow coming down yesterday. Haven't been out yet, but will be out in the morning.

Roy, keep your head up down there. Sounds like things are pretty rough.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And now ... they're saying three-to-seven inches of this white shit.

Fuck.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We have a Greg Oden-like 12 inches now.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Are you sure you aren't short-changing Mr. Oden?

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Update on my mess here in Southwest Oklahoma: We got power back to one of our houses on the compound, but that house no longer has heat because there was a propane leak and therefore we lost $1,000 worth of propane into the blue. We're now letting a member of the sports staff here shack up at our house because he has no power, no heat, no nothing. Luckily, we do have power at one house, so we can get our electric heaters over there and use them to heat that house. My house is still without power, but we have heat. My mom's house has no power but has heat in their laundry room (they have a generator for that room too), she's the one with the gas stove.
    Still being told we will have to wait for days for life to return to normal. This is getting silly, but at least I'm warm, fed and somewhat content as I can now go over and play Playstation with my buddy and wife.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Cold as fuck here in Deep Dixie, wind chill @ 20, but the rain moved thru yesterday afternoon, before it got cold, so we're fairly dry. And I had to spend 2 hours out in it covering a soccer playoff game. Yeesh. Don't envy you good people who are dealing w/the white stuff. Just be careful out there.

11. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

Here in Arkansas we had a local radio weather guy refer to our snowstorm as "White Death 2010." He hasn't been on the air since.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

One forcast was done by a woman, the other a man. Either way, it's four inches.

Draft saved Draft deleted