1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Icepocalypse 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 27, 2010.

1. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Ha.

It's been really nice knowing all of you. Apparently, we're all going to die today, so wish me luck. #sotiredoftheweathermeninthistown

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Good luck, AD!!!

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Thankfully, the fam will all be home shortly, as school was canceled and workplaces are letting people go. So, we should all be here to keep each other company when the electricity goes out and we have to, y'know, talk or something.

:D

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Egads! The torture!

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It's 60 and sunny. But it's also very windy. You know something big's coming. And we're expected to get as much as 10 inches of snow here by Saturday night -- by way of contrast, our average yearly snowfall is 7.8 inches, and I'm pretty sure we haven't had that in the last five years combined.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... this guaranteed big income for the grocers in North Carolina. Mere mention of the "s" word by weather types - and not THAT "s" word - clears the bread, milk and batteries off the shelves. City planners have no clue how to plow roads, but the overreaction by many is freaking ridiculous.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So far, I'm underwhelmed.
    Still above freezing, no rain in sight and now the weather dudes after warning all week about how bad it will be on Friday and Saturday, are suddenly, "umm, it looks the ice and snow will miss us, but further north, oh lordy is it going to suck."

Snowmagedon 2010, bridges and overpasses might be slick on your morning commute

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

100,000+ without power in greater Oklahoma City.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Monday of this week, the temperature was in the UPPER 60s. I felt like a total idiot for taking my winter coat with me, but I had it because I knew I'd need it that night with temperatures getting much colder that night.

This Saturday, we're supposed to get grazed by Snowpocalypse 2.0 with temps not even hitting 30.

Welcome to winter.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

We could get between two inches and a foot. There's quality forecasting for ya.

Just as long as it isn't ice, I can deal.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not a flake in my neck of the woods. Way disappointing.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

4-8 inches expected in my neck of the woods by tomorrow morning, more throughout the day tomorrow, starting around dusk tonight. Which is awesome because all of our prep events will be canceled, and I won't have to sit in and take calls. My hoops team is off Saturday, an absolute rarity. Four day weekend!

Draft saved Draft deleted