1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Icepocalypse 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Nobody can EVER get a handle on how much snow Virginia will get. All I know is that here at the coast, we haven't had legitimate, shovelable snow since Dec. 26, 2004, and that we've had four or five "sure thing" snowfall predictions in the last two seasons turn to rain or nothing. Supposedly we're getting this, but I'll believe it when I'm making snow abominations in my front yard.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

doable = plowable

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd throw this out: College baseball season starts here on Friday.

I am NOT kidding.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Nothing will come close to the ice storm we had last year.

And John Belski at WAVE-3 in Louisville said we were supposed to get 6 inches of the white stuff overnight Monday, and he said Tuesday that we're expected to get 1 or 2 feet by Saturday morning. He's the only weatherman I've heard say that last figure; the Weather Channel is saying we're not supposed to get more than 2 inches.

5. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

It was 70 degrees in central Oklahoma today. Tomorrow, we're apparently all going to die.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

"Ice on a Plane 2010"

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It was 56 this afternoon in my little corner of Kansas. Not supposed to get above 25 tomorrow with chances for sleet, snow and/or ice.

This little corner got hammered around Christmas and the snow stuck around for 2 1/2 weeks afterwards. I didn't get to experience that because I was in the opposite corner of Kansas visiting my family. No snow. Just 5-degree high temps with 40 MPH winds. And my dog STILL wanted to go for walks.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When it's 70 degrees in central Oklahoma in LATE JANUARY ... circle of life.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oops. :(

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How's that workin' out for you?

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

At some point, I'll layer up, go dig my car out, and get to the DMV. Until then, I'm toasty warm in my 60-degree apartment.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

A light dusting of snow in NNJ this morning ... three days after is was 55 and raining.
    Temps going down to the teens tonight, local TV weathmen/iriots talking about the big freeze like it's gonna be 20-below.

I think this is what they call winter. No big deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted