1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Icepocalypse 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia and Carolinas, get ready.

[​IMG]

I'd take a foot of snow instead of half-an-inch of ice any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Low Battery

Low Battery New Member

Everyone here in Tennessee is worried, but doubt I'll see more than an inch of snow. No worries.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I prefer: Snowmageddon 2010, prepare to die

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They can't seem to get a handle on how much snow we'll get in Virginia ... forecasters just keep saying "plowable snow."

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Meanwhile, up here in CT, it was like 50 last week and we don't have a speck of snow on the ground.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, this has been a great winter. The past couple weeks we've been in the high-30s to mid-40s, and even a couple days up near 50. It doesn't get much better than that in January in the Northeast. It's supposed to get colder for a couple days here, though, at the end of the week.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

here in eastern NYS, it's supposed to be 18 on Friday with a low of 2.
    BRASS MONKEY ALERT!

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That pre-Christmas storm was enough snow and ice for one winter, thank you very much.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I prefer the term 'doable snow.'

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just cold rain for us, and a lot of it (up to three inches). For a while there, though, the TV heads were trumpeting the ARCTIC BLAST. They've walked it back to the Red River.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

iPocalypse.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Wish I'd have gotten the word about the Icepocalypse before I slipped and fell on the sidewalk in my condo complex last week and broke 2 bones in my ankle. Worst part was that I almost slipped once, caught myself, and vowed to be more careful the rest of the way - only to have my feet go completely out from under me three steps later when I tried to tip-toe around a corner.

The last week and a half has been depressing to say the least. Moral of the story: If you have ice on the streets/sidewalks/pavement by where you live, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, be careful out there. Ankle surgery is NOT fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted