1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice Road Truckers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by chubster, Aug 19, 2007.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Agree 100 percent. It's amazing how many cable channels start out well and then turn into complete crap, with ESPN Classic topping the list, Post-MTV Decline Division.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Not anymore, AQB.

The WPT is getting farmed over to GSN next season.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

FB, that's where shows like "The Real West" the documentary on Sherman's March, the excellent series based on Winik's book "April 1865", the documentary on Halberstam's "The Fifties," the series on the Presidents and many other, similar shows come in.

It doesn't have to be All Adolf, All the Time. But I could really do without the History of Paint on Modern Marvels.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This seems to be the only show the History Chanel has shown this week... enough.

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I only watch two network shows now but I'm addicted to Ice Road Truckers, Mythbusters, Deadliest catch, Dirty Jobs, AMerican Chopper and American Hot Rod and when it's on To Catch a Thief.

Reality TV can be done well but not by the major networks.

I guess I appreciate watching people do things I can't or wouldn't want to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted