1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice Road Truckers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by chubster, Aug 19, 2007.

1. There are some people with weird jobs in this world.
    I mean us, of course.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Someone needs to fall though the fuckin' ice already. Stop teasing me! Or someone needs to breakdown at 1 a.m. on the ice in the middle of nowhere in -30.

They say it's dangerous, but everyone is OK so far.

For the record, I stopped watching because I was tired of the same tired story. So maybe some of this has since happened.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Between this and Modern Marvels (the history of mattresses the other night?, are you KIDDING ME?), the History Channel has completely jumped the shark. And this is all that's on.

Thank goodness for History Channel International and the Military Channel. They still show actual, you know, history and stuff like that.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Interesting show.

5. I don't know. I can occasionally use a break from WWII.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kinda like the Travel Channel always finding time to show fucking poker shows.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I was surprised to see this show on the History Channel - it's more suited for Discovery Channel, a la Deadliest Catch. It is pretty intriguing, though, to watch thousands of pounds of truck and cargo drive across a layer of ice, but I tune in every week just waiting for disaster.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I watched the finale last night even though I missed a few of the shows in the middle. They mentioned one of Hugh's drivers was fired by the Logistics company, but I never heard for what. Does anyone know?

That Hugh looks like a big stinkin' butthole to work for, eh?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That'd be Todd. He got fired for speeding 23 km/hour over the limit, which basically amounts to reckless driving. What a hoser.
    Although, he did sing a little ditty about it that's quite high on the unintentional comedy scale.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

That's the thing, we'd have heard about it if that happened.

YELLOWKNIFE, NWT (AP) -- A cameraman and a truck driver were killed Thursday when the truck they were riding in plunged into a frozen lake, local authorities said.

etc...

And yeah, Hugh is an asshole. I don't get how he had a great season but ran off two drivers (and lost a third through no fault of his own).

How about Alex and his 11 kids?

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I live not in this neck of the woods, but in the same general climate. In winter, my shop won't send us out of town to cover a game b/c they say it's too dangerous (don't want to break down in -50, for sure). So, I have a lot of respect for these guys.
    Then again, I don't come close to making $75K or whatever, either.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought this was gonna be some thread about some band that you'd like if you liked Death Cab for Cutie.

Draft saved Draft deleted