1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice cream of the future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Love, love, love the sweet cream flavor. But for everything else, Bruster's is just as good, if not better.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Count me in the Cold Stone haters club.

Way too sweet, and there's too much of it.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Cold Stone is great, but Marble Slab is better. Same kind of place without the damn singing.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm not as much an ice cream eater as I once was, but Cold Stone is just too expensive. Baskin Robbins is just as good, and cheaper. Around these parts, Braum's has aficionados, but I've never tried their ice cream.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

To go off on a bit of a tangent, does anyone out there know when (and if) the DQs are going to start serving up the baseball helmet sundaes?

Last summer, when the kids and I went to the local Dairy Queen, they said no more helmet sundaes. Literally everyone waiting at the registers with me went, "WHAT!!!???"

Used to eat those as a kid -- although all the cool helmets always were gone. I'd always get stuck with some lousy team like the Indians or the Pirates. :D

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That's exactly how I became an Orioles fan for a brief time as a child.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Baskin Robbins is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

That is all.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Ab-so-fucking-lutely. It's time they changed their mantra. And the stuff, it takes like shit from the store. Just let it sit in your freezer for more than a day or two and you'll see.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

On my last assignment for VCU, two colleagues and I had dinner at a steakhouse near Rutgers and then set off in search of a Coldstone. We couldn't find it but did drive past some Knockoff Creamery. It clearly used to be a Coldstone. All the workers were quite freaky looking, a little scary even. But the ice cream was good and a lot cheaper.
    Give me Cherry Garcia or Mint Chocolate Chip and I'm good. Don't need no "future" ice cream.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Baskin-Robbins?

Stone-Cold?

Hell with them.

Give me Eagle Brand, eggs, sugar and vainilla and even an old crank machine and I'm happy. That's what heaven will be like. Homemade without the production - and sorry,Blue Bell, Your make of it is only a distant a close second.

11. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Cold Stone = bleah ice cream plus annoying singing for which I'm expected to pay premium prices. Umm, no.

We go to a little Mom'n'Pop place.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

There's no better way. Profits stay at home, and its cheaper. I've never been to a Coldstone, and I haven't been to a TCBY, Baskin Robbins or DQ's in a long time.

I spend my money at the Dairy Barns, Custard Huts and Tasty Twists of this world.

Draft saved Draft deleted