1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice cream of the future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

You can laugh now, but some day, Dippin' Dots will tout itself as the "Ice Cream of the Past," a retro, old-school, "hey kids, remember Dippin' Dots?" kind of thing. It will be a sad day.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Cold Stone Creamery is the awesomest ice cream place ever.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

But don't they absolutely have to get this guy as a spokesman?

[​IMG]

"This is Stone Cold for Cold Stone."

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That shit is just fucking great beyond words.

I get the chocolate madness one (with brownies and Twix) and I could eat a whole fucking tub of it and never get full. I swear. That shit is like the Chinese food of desserts. The more you eat, the hungrier you are.

If Buckweaver is serious about not preferring Cold Stone over air, I'm going to fly out there and beat. his. ass. :D

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Do it. 8)

Cold Stone tastes damn good, but even I can't eat that much ice cream in one sitting. And all that singing really ruins the atmosphere. Thank god I live in a climate where I can eat outside 11 months out of the year.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I love Cold Stone as well.

As for plain ice cream, I'm partial to Braum's frozen yogurt, twist, in a waffle cone.

However, when I went to Europe when I was 16, I had ice cream at this AWESOME place in Paris off the artist's square by Montmartre. BEST FUCKING ICE CREAM I'VE EVER HAD. I will make it back to Paris, take the walk to the top of that place, look around for about 10 seconds and then go find that ice cream shop. It better still be there.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Scattershooting while wondering whatever happened to TCBY ....

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I don't get Cold Stone at all. I've tried. Several times. With people who tell me what to get. I just don't think their ice cream is nearly as good as BR, and I think it's ridiculously expensive.

I usually just want one scoop of a really good ice cream, not a towering cup of stuff that cost me $10.00.

Can you get Dippin Dots in the supermarket? I agree with whoever said that kids love it.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Cold Stone is so much better than 31 Flavors. First, ever since they put BR into Dunkin Donuts there are no longer 31 flavors at the store. It's overly expensive for the quanity you get.

Maggie Moo's is almost as good as Cold Stone. The Ben & Jerry Stores, not great, are still better than Baskin Robbins.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Hell, I can barely find a Baskin Robbins. Gimme a local joint.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think they are kept in dry ice. So they actually don't melt faster.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmmm Coldstone. Cherry Loves Cheesecake (which they took off the menu, but they'll still make if you ask): cheesecake ice cream, graham cracker crumbles, fudge and black cherries. Sweet Tebow, it's almost enough to make me believe a higher power has to exist.

That being said, bagelchick, you can get a "love it" which is the medium and usually more than I can eat for $5 with tax.

Draft saved Draft deleted