1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice cream of the future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 7, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have never had Dippin Dots. They sell them at Safeco Field, but after the $9 for the beer and $7 for the hotdog, I am usually tapped.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Excellent:

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The high prices don't bother me. It's the inconsistencies.

A hot dog at Ford Field was $5.50 this weekend. You can get a hot dog anywhere on the street for $1.50. Yet a deluxe chicken bacon sandwich with fries was $9.50. I can barely get a chicken bacon sandwich with fries at Applebee's for that much, yet I pay 3 times more for a hot dog.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The distant future. The year 2000... [/crossthread]

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm sure THESE guys don't eat Dippin' Dots. And that makes them cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I've never had Dippin Dots, either. I almost got some at a UNH hockey game, but they wanted like $7.00 for a small cup of them. Noppee.

7. blueview

blueview Member

I've never had any desire to try dippin' dots. Give me Dairy Queen anyday. Though gelato is beyond yummy.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Dippin Dots are delicious, especially the cookie dough and mint chocolate chip. They sell them for a dollar in small packages at Wal Mart and have them all over amusement parks.

Personally, I like them better than most regular ice cream.

9. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I also never understood what the point was. They taste worse because they are small and kind of icy instead of creamy like ice cream should be. Plus, the are messier than regular ice cream because the roll off the spoon so easily and they still melt just as fast as regular ice cream.
    Kids dig em, that is the only thing they have going for them.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I agree. Y'all can have your Dippin' Dots and your Coldstones and your Brusters and whatever else.

31 Flavors is still the best.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't mix ice cream and beer. It's not good, and you won't like the combination because it'll make you sick.

BYH may mix.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

If somebody ever threatens to shut down Cold Stone Creamery, I'm organizing a militia to defend the place. Cake batter ice cream is a gift from God himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted