1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice age coming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 26, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I didn't find it there. If I did, does that mean the story doesn't exist?
    Now run along ... it's nap time.

2. So you posted a NP column by a guy who claims the study says something that it doesn't say?
    Reading is, after all, fundamental.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that neither Hondo nor Yawn addressed my question.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo may be the only person in either country who reads the National Post.

Many of us thought it had stopped publishing a few years ago.

I believe our friend Jones worked there at the beginning---when Lord Tubby started the thing up.

5. thejo

thejo Guest

Pandora's box people! Heard of it!!!!

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why should either of them start being reasonable now? Better to keep changing the subject and taking shots at anybody who disagrees with them.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Good point.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

... and growing.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well I have no fear because London is burning and I live by the river.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

So not only do you deny accepted science, but you deny what people see with their own eyes. Nice.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'm saying that there's more than one country on the globe and at this point in time, you're driving this country over the cliff if you adopt algore's thinking, believing it or not, right or wrong. Sure, conservation is a good thing, and so is self-restraint. But this comes from a politician who lives large and has spent large most of his professional career. If we're going to do it, we do it as a world, and that includes the Chinese and Indians who are consuming at a much faster growing rate than we are, and in sheer volume, will more than surpass that soon.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Accepted science and what people see with their own eyes? You mean the part about snow and ice cover in North America being the greatest since 1966? No, sir, I am not denying that at all. I'm agreeing with it.

You and yours seem to be the ones denying it.

Draft saved Draft deleted