1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice age coming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 26, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=332289

How's that global warming thing going?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

How's the same old tired argument, brought up every time there's a snowstorm, going?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It ain't just one snowstorm. Read the damn story. North America has more snow and ice cover than any year since 1966.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And of course, just wait for a major heat wave later this year for the opposing view to be presented.

Kind of like declaring someone is the greatest baseball or football player of all time based on one at bat or one pass.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Meanwhile, another trope of the global warming deniers is destroyed:

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/passingthrough?bid=769&pid=288601

Every time I see something like this, I think how sad it is that conservatives have made this a political issue. It's science people, it shouldn't have anything to do with ideology. Yet instead of helping to protect our planet's future, conservatives try to score some political points.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

While most of my list has been chunked in a truce and a new attitude, Alley Allen has risen to a level unmatched by anyone in SportsJournalists.com's pompous category. Few others have the keys to the room.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So?

Higher temperatures mean more water vapor in the atmosphere. That vapor goes north with the winds and comes down as either rain, or, when it gets to 32ºF, as snow or ice.

You cited an opinion piece from a conservative Canadian paper. You're willing to swallow that as fact?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I thought Canadians were right about everything. Ask JR.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Few people have theorized that rather than be a part of greenhouse gasses, that this might just be a course of nature and design that's as out of our control as, dare I say, evolution?

Look, as long as algore flies planes all over and drives a car, I call bullshit on this. You lead by example. It's just a cause to keep him wealthy and famous. And I realize that algore isn't the only one sitting on this stool preaching, but I can only address one hypocrite at a time and he's as big a target as anyone.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Whew, for a minute there I thought they were making another one of these.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Flash

Flash Guest

If you want proof of global warming, come on up to Alberta. I'll take you out to one of our mountain glaciers.

You can see for yourself what they are today and the pictures of what they were just 20, 50 and 75 years ago. They are a fraction of their former selves.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Stealing bandwidth is for losers, QB. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted