1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ian O'Connor to ESPN New York

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Read some of her stuff, as that is my local paper. Been a rough stretch for them. Sports sections (along with many of the others) as turned into 4 pages.

2. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

Site is now up. If you loved Newsday's sports section, you'll love ESPN New York. Matthews, Shaun Powell and Jeanette Howard among those listed as columnists.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Matthews can suck it. I called him out for his spiked column here and he threatened me via PM. Tool.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Excellent cast of writers, but at first glance the site seems way too baseball heavy. Already. Not one hockey story? It's backpage tabloid syndrome all over again.
    And I love Wally, but wonder how he'll be happy doing a beat. And didn't Shaun move to Atlanta or somewhere south? Either way, it's great to see him and Johnette back on the scene.

5. apseloser

apseloser Member

ESPN New York's slogan

The endless pimping is in full force today, with one talking hairdo after another saying something along the lines of:

"Finally, a place fans can go for coverage of their favorite New York teams."

Are you f'ing kidding me? That implies that no such website exists, no?

There are only, what, 25 of them?

I'm counting down the seconds till the 2:30 Allan Houston chat. Won't be long before they hire Mickey Rivers and Ed Kranepool as bloggers.

Loser. Out.

6. Re: ESPN New York's slogan

First rule of ESPN: Until we say it, air it, report it, it doesn't exist.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Re: ESPN New York's slogan

Mickey Rivers blogging would be comedy worth paying for.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirmed that?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No, but David Aldridge did

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

O'Connor's farewell "message" (not a column) at The Record

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/other_sports/oconnor/040210_Ian_OConnors_fond_farewell.html

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, getting some Yankees-Red Sox coverage is refreshing. Most neglected rivalry in sports. ::)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Simply don't know how we've lived without it, all these months. Off with their heads.

Draft saved Draft deleted