1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ian O'Connor to Bergen County Record

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 11, 2006.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Geez, Woj, your first post under your name and it's about Ian's would-be car service? Shame!

Now fetch me a beer, honored newbie!

2. boots

boots New Member

Moddy's a good guy but I think he might have missed one on the car stuff as well. Ian is OK. You either like him or you don't. He's come a long way since schleping as a wanna be at the NY Times. It's a good opportunity. One could do much worse than wish him well in his new endeavor. Best of all, he's no longer with the dark side otherwise known as Gannett.
    This move has the double boots seal of approval. I just hope the people who read the Bergen Record enjoy his work.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

According to my unimpeachable source, O'Connor was NOT a contract employee for Gannett. Gannett's focus is local there, per plan, although they still have six or seven writers on pro beats.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Moddy never said Ian wasn't OK. Never said that at all. I've met him a couple of times, dealt with him some, think he's more than OK. Think he's a good guy.

Though the above information came from the Pipeline (right about Woody well before it was admitted), I'd heard the car tales before. Several times. Including once from somebody very well placed at his old paper.

Never said it made him a bad guy or that it was a bad thing. Ever. Not once.

5. boots

boots New Member

Moddy my man, I will defend you in any court. No you never said those things and for anyone to think otherwise is foolish. You just got some mud in the pipeline about the car thing. That's all and it's no big thing. Regulars around here know you don't slam, unless necessary.
    Don't you worry about a thing. Carry on dude.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wow. What a relief.

Never WAS worried. Just 'splaining that I was not knocking Ian.

As for mud in the pipeline, that's what people said about Woody. I may be full of shit. The Pipeline Rules!!

Draft saved Draft deleted