1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ian O'Connor to Bergen County Record

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Ironic, considering he's in the process of writing a book on the rivalry between Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer that is due out in April of '08 -- the 50th anniversary of the first of Arnie's four green jackets.

Strange, considering I had a front-row seat for a 20-minute conversation between Jack and Ian in which Ian did a credible impression of someone who knew what the hell he was talking about.

If he didn't, Nicklaus wouldn't have sat there for 20 minutes -- after doing a 30-minute presser -- and promised Ian one last one-on-one interview before he started writing.

Not going to get personal, but you're wrong on this front, Hondo.

And on top of all that, Ian's a class act.

2. Thanks for that Ian. Good luck in the new job.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Nice try, newbie. I'm on the West Coast and in PR.

But while you're up, fetch me a Pacifico.

4. Birdscribe: Yes, excellent point. I will fetch you a Pacifico. Right after I fetch you a napkin to remove the remaining traces of DNA from your chin after your Ian post.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Hey Hypocrite. . . answer the phone. The Snakes Navel High wrestling coach is on the phone. Calling in results from their match against West Pitsnif.

Make sure you spell the names right. You don't want Joey Knuckledragger's mom calling you again.

And after you hang up, I'm still waiting for my Pacifico, newb.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Do you children think it is possible in any way to have an industry-related discussion that does not turn into junior high-type name-calling and accusations...
    And I address that to BYH, Hockeybeat (both pals of mine), Birdscribe (who usually is above this kind of stuff) Hondo and Hypocrite.

This is a pretty significant move within the realm of NY suburban newspapers yet some of you have to start with the childish stupidity. Can we try to grow up just a little?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's fine but let the record show who started it with his usual "I'm better than everyone because I covered a golf event once" shit.

And Birdscribe, you're the fuckin man.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Here's the thing dickhead:
    Hondo made an asinine comment.. you flamed him; Birdscribe replied to him in a logical manner about Ian's background in golf.
    I only included Birdscribe in there because he got into it with hypocrite...which he actually had a right to do after hypo flamed him directly.

You, meanwhile are just being your usual dickheaded self!

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Will O'Connor still have his column on FoxSports.com?

10. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

didn't know he had one on foxsports.

i'm wondering if he'll still have one in usat on tuesdays.

11. freaky styley

freaky styley Member

no he won't

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

He won't have one in USAT if he's no longer working for Gannett.

As for foxsports, I believe The Record let Woj and Klapisch write for ESPN.com, so O'Connor might be able to continue the foxsports gig

Draft saved Draft deleted