1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IAAF World Track and Field Championships running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boomer7, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Tyson Gay runs down Asafa Powell ... Nearly a dead heat in the women's 100m ... Alan Webb tempts fate before making a late charge to qualify for the final. Surely there have to be a few (no more than that, I'm guessing) folks interested in this meet. Or maybe I'm just trying to justify that WCSN subscription.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wow, two guys finished 1-2 in the women's 100? Can't believe that's not a bigger story... ;D

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Probably wouldn't be the first time...

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

One of them was Gay.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Women's 100 was close. Real close. Like photofinish close. Veronica Williams of Jamaica wins by a tit at the tape.

The fastest man and woman in the world are both former Razorbacks.

6. how far back was Webb? didn't see his race ...

was Kiprop in the same heat? how'd he make out?

who else looked good in those 1500s?

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Yes, and both former Hogs are coached by a man who gets out of the federal pokey Tuesday after serving time for fraud related to work-study, etc. Heckuva coaching job from the pen!

Webb damn near blew it, left it late to make his charge. He looked uncomfortable early. Ramzi (the reappearing one) looked great. Lagat had to escape trouble to win his heat, too. I can see Webb either blowing the field away or straggling in 7th.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ole Miss women's long jumper put up the sixth-best leap, best among the Americans, and made it into Tuesday's finals.

We might have an Olympian on our hands next summer.

9. OK, Henry, give us the last Olympian from Oxford town.

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Reese is a beast who reminds me of Superman (Henry knows who I'm referring to?). She is raw, and can fly.

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Asafa got to be the biggest choker in track. What have he won? That world record is going to fall also.

Glad the Americans stepped their game up - or their drugs - because its working and they are not getting caught.

Glad to see somebody is ahead of the curve.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Something in the back of my mind tells me that basketball's Jennifer Gillom is a good guess ... but wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted