1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I yield the floor to the gentleman from Alabama, the Honorable Charles Barkley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 12, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't see Barkley winning a seat that a loyal party hack couldn't win and I don't know why someone who has been attending meetings and doing the leg work would yield to him in a district a loyal party hack could win in.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bill Bradley was listed at 6-5 in his playing days, I believe. Of course, Chuck was listed at 6-6, so who knows which is more accurate.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That's turrible

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As constituted (read: majority-minority) the 7th will vote Democrat from now until the end of time. The seat would be opening because Davis, the incumbent, is all but certain to run for guvnah in 2010.

And while Sir Charles is no statesman, he would have been a billion percent improvement over the guy Davis took the seat from, Earl Hilliard.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Isn't/Wasn't Tom McMillen in congress?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. but he was taller than 6-4 and was not going to be the largest member of Congress as long as he served with Gerald Nadler

7. Re: I yield the floor to the gentleman from Alabama, the Honorable Charles Barkl

McMillan was 6-11, to be exact. Come to think of it, he probably still is, since he's still alive.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So if Barkley runs and wins, does Kenny Smith hang a Gone Fishin' sign on Chuck's opponent?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yes. And Robin Ficker comes to the House gallery to taunt Sir Charles.

10. Gold

Gold Active Member

The one good thing about Barkley being a Congressman - the only good thing, come to think of it - is that he wouldn't have time to be on the NBA broadcasts on TNT or TBS.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

Like a clown at a dinner party. The one thing I noticed was he didn't say such outrageous stuff when Magic Johnson was on the show.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: I yield the floor to the gentleman from Alabama, the Honorable Charles Barkl

[​IMG]

FAIL!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted