1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I would stay up to watch Late Night with Jimmy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Aug 1, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ah, BD, I've missed you so.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

3. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Liar

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What a horrible idea. As some comedian said, "You know life is unfair because Mitch Hedberg died at 37 and fucking Jimmy Fallon will probably live to 105."

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Well done, ifilus

7. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I think leno is much better than letterman. Leno seems to be getting away with a lot more edgy stuff while letterman is still doing jokes about prostitutes in times square. tune in, dave, it's 2007. there are no prostitutes in time square, only dumb tourists. Fallon is god awful at everything he does, in my opinion. conan is great. stewart seemed to hit his peak during the last election, but he's still entertaining.

8. Gorndawg

Gorndawg New Member

Conan rules. He's man at the head of a creative staff that came up with the Walker: Texas Ranger lever. What an amazing bit. I just hope he is allowed to still be his naturally funny self when he takes over for Leno. The worst thing NBC can do it to try to change Conan into a Carson/Leno hybrid just to fit a certain style.

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

i threw on letterman tonight to see what he's got. first joke of his monologue was "It was so hot today in washington d.c. that abe lincoln was sitting in the water in the national mall."

people laughed at that.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

And Leno had a surprise visit from Betty White!
    Cutting edge, indeed.

11. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

Ha. yeah, noticed that. these late-night shows in general are pretty much made for ham and eggers.

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

And Kimmel had a terrific spoof of the Bourne Ultimatum trailer with Guillermo as "Yason Bourne", and then Matt Damon shows up dropping f-bombs, complaining about being bumped from his own movie.

Kimmel is the best of the 3 lately, and it's not close.

Draft saved Draft deleted