1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I would go to the movies more often ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

If it's so important that it's got to be done now, then you probably shouldn't be sitting in front of a movie screen.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Isn't it funny how watching a good film is supposed to be an escape, but some people won't allow themselves to do so because they suddenly cannot live without their mobile device for 90 minutes to two hours?

Yeah, yeah, I know ... and my next comeback will be "Get off my lawn!"

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nope ... it'll be look at the story that made me start this thread. :)

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is mustang's response also an answer to "How to spot a douchebag in a movie theater?"

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Oh, I got that, HC.

Take a bow, ma'am. That's a special lack of awareness and entitlement you have. She was the one probably too busy while the others were fighting for their lives at the Alamo, eh?

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Damn ... I wish you were coming to Buffalo. :D

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

... if the local theater didn't suck so much. The prices are awful, the concessions are bad and the theaters suck. I remember the big craze about a decade ago was the place got stadium seating. Other than that, it hasn't really improved much.

9. billikens

billikens Member

That's outstanding.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

The local theater (and only one in an hour or so drive) has the worst sound system. Charge your $11 and $7 popcorns, but don't try to fix the sound.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Meh - I've got no problem with folks occasionally texting during a movie. It's quiet, and if a cell phone light is enough to distract you, someone getting up and walking outside (and then returning) is probably going to annoy you, too.

But if the theater has a "no texting" rule, as Alamo does, no means no. Should have physically tossed her out, so she landed on the sidewalk on her ass.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Texting, I don't really care, unless they hold the screens up so they are visible from other seats and the glare distracts from the movie. (Or if they have an audible text 'jingle' noise.) If they hold them down in their laps, I don't give a shit.

But talking on the cellie during movies, it's fucking go time. I was in a theater once where some stupid teenage kid got four calls during a movie. Each time she just started yacking. The theater manager had an usher haul her out by the hand, otherwise there was going to be a fucking brawl.

The first call, there were a lot of exasperated sighs and "hang up the goddamn phone." The second and third calls, people were yelling, "get off that phone bitch or it's gonna get turned into scrap metal and shoved up your ass." Fourth call, people were walking toward her aisle. The ushers arrived with seconds to spare.

Although it's been 8 or 10 months since I saw a movie in a theater so I suppose I don't give a fuck either way.

Draft saved Draft deleted