1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wonder if Carmona will give Papi anything to hit here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 31, 2006.

1. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Just as that was developing, I had just finished saying how Ortiz follows the Tom Landry edict (or was it Joe Pa): when you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before.

When he hit his walkoff single Saturday, he got to first base. No fist pump, no chest thump, no pointing to the sky. Just, yeah, I did my job, we won the game.
    Last night. Same thing before the mob scene at the plate. Just ran around the bases.
    He was, however, savvy enough to remove his batting helmet before jumping into the scrum. Apparently it hurts like a sumbitch when everyone slaps you on the head when you're wearing it.

There is now no one, since divisional play began in 1969, who has more "walk off" hits than Ortiz in a four-year period. 14 since the start of the 2003 season.
    Seems like more, somehow. And I guess that doesn't count post-season.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the Jays lose more ground.

Draft saved Draft deleted