1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wonder if BYH got a butt dial from Jay Horwitz

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Funny read from a guy whose stuff I've always liked. I know BYH can't stand the guy. My dealings with Jay have been brief but always professional and he seems to be a good sport about this.

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424127887323605404578380592367577484.html?mod=WSJ_NY_Sports_RIGHTTopCarousel_1

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Who is BYH?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

"Seems to be a good sport about this?" A 60-something man REFUSES to lock his Blackberry, waking people up at 4 a.m. and plays the "gosh, I just don't know how it happens" card ... and it's cute and endearing?

Do your job, lock your phone, stop calling people when they might be busy. Ain't that hard.

4. Moderator1

About the topic and it being written about, I meant. But you knew that. And I never locked my BB when I had one because it was moody about being unlocked.

5. imjustagirl

No, I didn't know that. You're not always as clear as you seem to think you are.

Either way, I'm not sure anyone SHOULD be a good sport about being made to look like the incompetent foof he is. If he leaves his laptop unlocked and someone accesses top-secret Mets information, is that just "Oops, that's just Jay!!!" Doubtful. Let him buttdial while he's having a top-secret talk with his boss and have it recorded on someone's voicemail and see how "cool" with it he is.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BYH won't hear this thread without the #CAA tag.

7. Moderator1

Agreed (but don't tell IJAG I said that or she'll take off a piece of my thigh again!!)

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I had to laugh through this one too. Jay is a good guy and he's devoted. That's one of the lessons that I've learned from dealing him.

9. imjustagirl

Thigh meat is gross.

Though, having texted and tried to call you several times since you ceased being my boss (and even when you WERE my boss) maybe you just find so much of yourself in Jay Horwitz. He does, however, apparently return calls. So there's that.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I once got a girl's phone number and was excited about asking her out.

Before I had a chance to call her, I accidentally pocket dialed her about 20 times. I don't know what the hell was going on with my phone, since it did not usually do that, but afterwards I was way too embarrassed to actually call the girl.

11. I saw this and wanted to post it, but I see I was beaten to the punch.

The whole thing read like it belonged in The Onion, and the further along it went, the more awkward it became. I mean, they pulled out all the stops -- talked to Horowitz, got Ike Davis and several other players to talk about how weird this guy is, took a photo ... I don't know if I'd be able to come to work the next day if I had a 1,000-word story in the Wall Street Journal dedicated solely to painting me as an incompetent boob.

12. Moderator1

We didn't talk last week?
    You couldn't reach me when we worked together? Really?

And I never said Jay was cool for THIS. I said my dealings with him were good and I enjoyed the story. Thought it was funny. Period. But read what you will into it and damn NOW MY OTHER THIGH HURTS

Draft saved Draft deleted