1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I won $500,000!!!! Wait a minute....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jan 7, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the "misprint" excuse doesn't seem to hold water. What makes the card a "misprint"?

Otherwise, they could claim any major winning card is a misprint.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Right, and that's the kind of thing that could make someone snap and become homicidal/suicidal.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Misprint? Fuck that. Pay up, or get your pants sued off. How is this a defense?

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Bullshit! Pay the man.

6. JackReacher

Goddammit. I'm so clueless. Can someone post a picture or video of Teddy KGB saying "Pay dat man hees money!" plz? We thank you.

7. JackReacher

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

If you watch the video and see the actual scratcher, it's clearly a misprint.
    The numbers are printed as numerals and there is a small shorthand under the number to avoid confusion.
    Had he actually won, his 1 would have said "one" under it. One says something like THR, because it was supposed to be thirteen.
    I understand he's pissed, but it's pretty damn obvious to anyone who has played a scratcher once or twice in their life.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Tough. They made the mistake? Then they should pay it.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He's gotta sue. Lottery folks tried to make him go away with $100? Pfft. I know there's a lot of fine print on the back of those tickets but I doubt there's anything about printing errors.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

At the worst, a lawsuit will probably generate a settlement far greater than $100. Sue the fuckers.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How is he to know that it shouldn't say "ONE" instead of "THR" under the numeral?

Draft saved Draft deleted