1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wish I had played ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Soccer. I played from first through fifth grades and left it behind when we moved to town that didn't have it for kiddos. I was pretty good and perhaps I might have done well with it as I got older.

Lacrosse. Again, another sport where you don't have to be big to be good (Case in point, the Powell brothers). I went to Syracuse and attended all of one game. Shame on me. Wish I would have picked up the sport somehow.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

So's you know ... it isn't too late. I didn't start playing hockey until I was 29.

Otherwise, I wish I could have played football.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i would have died to be a supporting actor in the client.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

... more Guitar Hero. I'm embarrassingly bad. :-\

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Football. I had to choose between football and volleyball in high school. I chose volleyball because I had already played in junior high for three years (football wasn't even taught in school and there was no junior high team), and figured I had a better shot getting playing time with only 12 guys on the team.

It worked out well - I started for two years on the varsity team - but really, who gets excited about high school boys volleyball?

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Lacrosse. Wasn't offered at my school, only the tony suburban schools downstate, but it seems so cool...a cross between football and hockey.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Lacrosse or volleyball. In the early 80s, my high school didn't have lacrosse. It still doesn't have boys volleyball.
    Part of me wishes I played football, but when I remember the hazing incident that I heard happened at the preseason camp my sophomore year, I'm glad I didn't. (Of course, some of the football seniors made up for it by hazing me during wrestling and track. I guess there's no getting away from it).

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

your mother.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Pedophiles?

11. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Lacrosse in Texas? Nice. I've lived here pretty much all my life and never new it was played anywhere. Not sure I would have played it had I seen it though.

I guess I was lucky, even though I wasn't good at any sport, I played al the ones my school offered. I love ice hockey but never had a desire to play it.

So instead, I'll just say that I would have liked to be a receiver in football instead of center. That's the best I can do.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

one in the same, maybe.

Draft saved Draft deleted