1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wish I had a ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, May 8, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

... do-over at life

Hmm, you can't really dance to it.

[​IMG]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/08/AR2009050800906.html?hpid=entnews

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wow, wonder what happened to him. I loved that song.

Back in the glory days, great mullet:

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

He's still got the mullet. Though I wouldn't classify it as great anymore.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Just to throw political fire on it: during Republican Robert Orr's (successful) 1984 campaign to get re-elected as Indiana's governor, Summer did a song and campaign video for him. I also remember his "Time for Big Fun" being used during Pacers tipoffs, and not ironically even though it was when the Pacers were losing 60 games a year in front of 5,000 people in Market Square Arena, when the big brown curtains shut off the upper area in a failed attempt to make it look less depressing.

I believe Summer in the last year or two got busted trying to score meth at a trailer park. How sad.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Political fire. Just what a thread on SJ needs.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Always liked that song, but was stuck forever with the thought: "Who the frak is Leroy?"

7. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

I saw him on Letterman in 1987 or 88 when he his one hit was big. I thought he was on drugs then. He was all over the map.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

When I first heard the song I thought he said "I wish I had a girl who won't fight back."

Kind of a different meaning.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Active Member

He appeared at one of our local summer festivals at the "height" of his career. He was a little strange that night.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

OUTING ALERT! Buddah is Bobby Knight. :p

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

How the hell? I "grew up" in the '80s and I have never heard of this guy or heard this song. Was it really a big hit?

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

... girl who looked good. I would call her.

Draft saved Draft deleted