1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I will post to SJ.com on my wedding day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Uh ... I've had more worries that every fantasy league I'm in wants to have a draft that weekend.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure you'll have to wait in line behind my wife. Especially if I'm half in the bag for the toast.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

IF you're half in the bag? I'll be disappointed if you're not.

I plan on being half in the bag before the ceremony. And by "half in the bag" I mean I need a purse big enough to hold a flask.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Note to self: Don't forget flasky.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Screw that. Give us the first official thrust.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Depending on how big the reception is, the bride and groom are often too busy shaking hands and thanking people for the gifts/cash attending to eat, let alone get drunk.

When Mrs. Wretch and I left our reception, we stopped at our local pub for a drink with our wedding party. Then we hit a Walgreen's near the boutique hotel. We bought chips, dip, some ice cream and drinks. I was still in my tux. She was still in her gown. Nobody gave us a second look.

Oh, as for posting here ... I'll punch you in the throat if you do it. No online time on your wedding day.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Why doesn't this faze me? Because so far this summer I've already seen someone Twitter the moments leading up to his own wedding, and someone else post delivery-room pics on Facebook the moments after his wife had a baby.

8. imjustagirl

Who said anything about the bride and groom drinking?

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Pretty big reception, I guess. But I still plan on having a good buzz during the reception.

dooley noted ... er, something like that ... on punching me in the throat

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Playthrough mentioned drinking. I thought I should warn BBAM he might not get to eat or drink during the festivities.

And that I'll punch him in the throat.

11. imjustagirl

The second part of that is the most important.

And I thought the groom always got trashed while he's getting dressed with his groomsmen?

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Not this one. Maybe a shot, but not getting trashed.

Draft saved Draft deleted