1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Will Never Complain About Brent Musburger Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Davis brand of Captian Obvious insights was beyond nausiating.

"running backs can only produce if they get carries...."

OH MY GOD!!! REALLY?!?!??!?

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

[​IMG]
    But they have to PAY.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I wish someone would unplug him.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'm proud to say I didn't hear a word of it. I listened to Musburger and Herbstreit and thought they did a good job, showing what can only be called remarkable restraint and insight compared to what I'm hearing about the Fox telecast.

5. i agree

worst major sports event broadcast i've ever seen

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I've long wondered who the next classic announcer will be when the people like Mussberger aren't around anymore. It's probably gonna be Herbie.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

It was bad. And I noticed in earlier games they kept cutting to band shots... love bands.. don't care to see them during bowl games.....and seriously, how many times did we have to see the complicated dance by the three Oklahoma coaches. OK, we get it. they work hard. But if Stoops had been slightly less of an asshat and kicks some field goals, well, hell, who knows?

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Fox does a nice job with the NFL, but they clearly struggle trying to do college football. Which I guess isn't a surprise, since they have no regular season presence, and essentially come in to these big bowls cold turkey. It shows. Badly.

Brenneman is an embarrassment, and that's being kind. His football work over the past month has had a number of egregious errors that should never, ever happen from someone holding that position. Go back to baseball, Thom--maybe you're at least adequate there.

9. And Barry Switzer can stop saying "we" any fucking time. Clown.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I'm still trying to figure out how Tebow was selected as the Fed Ex Ground Performer of the game, who at the time rushed for 70 yards while Chris Brown was already over 100.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I can't believe someone would really say that, but I remember hearing Theismann say that about Favre also.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Oh, I get it....because she's chubby. Terrific stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted