1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Will Never Complain About Brent Musburger Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

After having to endure Brenneman and Charles Davis. Might have been the worst big game broadcast ever.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Agreed.

When you add the 1,749 shots of the band and shots of everything but football players and what they are doing, it could be the worst broadcast I have ever watched and heard.

3. I especially enjoyed when Oklahoma had third and goal in the first half and both of them were screaming at Stoops to go for it because they both thought it was fourth down.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Compounded by the poor game control by ref

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Not enough cameras either. Charles Davis must be blowing Rupert Mudoch.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And not pointing out that the best college football player in the country did not throw a pass in any of those four plays. I am remembering those as four runs. Is that right?

All the o-line quick starts also shows that the d-line was getting off the ball like hell and killing the o-linemen.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Given OU's hurry-up offense, I can give them a pass on one, maybe two screwups on the correct down. But the rest of the broadcast? Awful. It seemed like they were hurt by how quickly they were forced to go to commercial.

Davis got better as the game went along, but if it wasn't for the delay between satellite and radio, I would have turned on the ol' radio.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Please.

Tebow's been drained dry, by now.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I like Thom Brennaman (biased by Reds fanboi-dom), but yeah he and Davis were not good. Infact, none of the Fox broadcasts did it for me.

Say what you want about ESPN, but they'll do the games right when it's their turn.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe not right, but certainly better than this

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It's hard to say what I hated most about the awful broadcasting team: The incessant sucking off of "Superman" Tim Tebow, the constant stream of mistakes (thinking it was fourth-and-goal when it was third-and-goal) or the general idiocy (Davis pointing out that the ball had already crossed the plane before Murphy fumbled on Florida's first TD, when the only real question was whether he was down before the ball crossed the plane, not whether he fumbled).

Piss-poor in every aspect.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Can't only blame Fox for the Tebow lovefest. That's universal. Just wait if he comes back next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted