1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I will light you up!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have one close friend I know of who has been pulled over for it.

Guess his race.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do You Know Why I’m Pulling You Over, Being Wildly Aggressive, And Charging You With Assault Today, Sir? - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

If you have any questions about this ticket, I’d be happy to wildly overreact to anything you say that shows the slightest hint of resentment, annoyance, or resistance. Really, while you have me here, I can easily interpret any snide remark or frustrated comment as a potential threat to my safety—even so much as an angry look—and respond in a disproportionately combative way by erupting in unwarranted rage, taking out either my 50,000-volt Taser or my handgun, and pointing it directly at you through the driver’s side window.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Anecdotal evidence of someone being pulled for DWHUAWB* is child's play. Try harder ... #youknowwhoI'mchannelling

*Driving With Head Up Ass While Black

4. Dick Whitman

I remember 14 years ago getting pulled over in a construction zone. The cop pointed at me as I went by. I thought he was motioning me to get into the other lane because it was going down to one lane. I actually thought he was being helpful. About a mile later, dude pulls me over and just starts reading me the riot act.

"Didn't you see me point!? Didn't you see me point!?"

"Yes, I thought you were motioning me to get into the other lane."

"I OUGHT TO TAKE YOU IN FOR THAT! FOR FLEEING A POLICE OFFICER!"

A couple minutes pass, continued interrogation.

"WHY ARE YOU IN INDIANAPOLIS???!!!"

He didn't show up when I had my hearing to contest the ticket.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think all interactions with police should be polite and respectful.

I follow the template of the Dukes of Hazzard boys, who always had such a good relationship with sheriff Roscoe.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Muslim?

8. SBR

SBR Member

9. Dick Whitman

In college, I remember flipping a cop off from the backseat of my friend's car. He pulled us over. I'm still not sure what the hell for.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You know this how? Oh, because she allegedly smoked pot? This guy should never, ever get another job in law enforcement.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Read a fucking article about the girl before acting like I made something up.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

My apologies. Had not read that she had attempted suicide before. Just heard the comments from the family. But this thing of yours where you point out some pot link to every bad thing that happens in the country grew stale long ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted