1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Was Wrong Ever to Leave You, Bar Soap

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

A possible valid use for coffee? Interesting.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

At least you didn't link to something enema related.

Bar soap here, too. We bring back soap whenever we are overseas. It's made in Marseille. It's not as foofy as it sounds (or would have sounded to me before I started doing it). You can find it in every supermarket. No perfumes, no synthetics, no detergents. Just soap made from vegetable oils. Gets you clean. Doesn't leave you smelling like a perfume counter. Voila.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I had a coffee body scrub massage at a hotel. I hate the taste of coffee but the smell is wonderful. If I could get done of those scrubs every morning I’d do it.

Oh, and bar all the way. I even use JR Liggett’s old-fashioned shampoo bar hot hair. It’s wonderful, and no need for conditioner. A bar lasts me 4-6 months, too, so I can easily bring enough with me for a two-year tour of duty.

For body, Istanbul spoiled me. Olive oil all the way.

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Sounds like Kosher soap. Make sure you buy the fleishig kind though.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I need this one explained. ... Kosher soap? Is it specially made for little Jewish kids whose moms wash their mouth out with soap, to make sure they don't eat anything trayf?

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Ivory bar soap for me, to make up for all the other things about me that aren’t 99.44 percent pure.

I know my wife still loves me when I step into the shower and see that the slivers of soap I’ve been using have been replaced with a fresh new bar.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand this. If you and your wife drink 6 cups, can't you fill the water to the six cup line, with the requisite amount of grounds?

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Coffee enemas are another use. Not for me, love to drink it. Like a good coffee, but agree with some others who
    will microwave it after it goes cold. Think it was Robin Quivers on Howard Stern who talked about coffee enemas.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Had my mouth washed out with Lava soap for cussing as a youngster. Last time I cussed for awhile, at least where my mom could hear me.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'll only use one kind of bar soap. All natural. Handmade. Supports anarchy.

[​IMG]

justgladtobehere likes this.
  11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Body wash:
    If you're concerned about waste or cost, get Suave for Men. The regular bottle is less than $2 (at Walmart and probably still cheap at other places) and the big bottle costs less than most other brands' regular bottles. Nice suds; gets the job done.

Keurig:
    Should be mandatory at papers (or any business) with tiny staffs. The one person who likes coffee can make as many single cups as they want. I got tired of dumping out old pots that had been there long enough to grow mold.

Batman likes this.
  12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

B6C6B66E-3580-4F1E-BF44-F982F58C45B3.jpeg

This stuff is amazing. Will get any kind of grease or oil off your hands and your clothes. They should have sued Gwyneth Paltrow for sullying their good name.

Draft saved Draft deleted