1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Was Wrong Ever to Leave You, Bar Soap

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I love mine at home and the one at work. I drink one or two cups a day and my wife is about the same, so making an entire pot always felt wasteful. Having the Keurig is more in line with how we use our coffee maker. At work, it means I don't have to make an entire pot if I'm the unlucky bastard who happens upon an empty pot.
    At home we also have the reusable basket that you fill with ground coffee. Much more economical and less wasteful than the K-Cups or a traditional coffee maker.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I use the reusable basket, too. You could always make four cups or something with that. No waste. Plus coffee doesn't go bad instantly. Just needs a warmup.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good God man.

This is the worst thing you've ever said.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This thread is terrible.

Mods, please delete.

Big Circus, Hermes, Huggy and 3 others like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Listen, just because you're in the pocket of Big Coffee doesn't mean these arguments are without merit.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The best coffee maker in the world.

Clever Coffee Dripper, Large, 18 Ounces

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I used to do a double latte most every day (we've got a Starbucks machine at work) and figured out, damn there's a lot of fat in that. Gone back to coffee and feel much better.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This is exceptionally well played.

Oh, and we’re a body wash home. Bar soap when I visit my mom.

I haven’t spent much time thinking if it. Other than remembering Lava soap. That would take the dirt off your hands and large chunks of skin with it.

Batman likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lava soap was great at work, after you've been thumbing through a ton of back issues in the morgue or pulling papers off the press. It took that ink right off, and then I'd follow up with some normal hand soap to get the funky smell of the Lava soap off.

Our press room also had a giant industrial sink with a big buck of GoJo soap next to it. That was like Lava on steroids. It was like washing your hands with sandpaper. Once you lathered up there would be actual chunks of soap grit on your hands.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't feel like you're truly clean until you can see bone.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

People pay good money at mani/pedi shops for what’s basically GoJo with perfumes added.

Batman likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted