1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was gonna write my column, but then I got high: The Cannabis Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Woody Long, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Stopped at the dispensary for some treats whence upon entering the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Good gummies for a reasonable price, I'll be back before heading back down yonder.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I ordered some Delta 8 edibles online on a whim, thinking I was getting more of a simple CBD candy that may or not do anything. I tried a 50gm piece of candy and then couldn't get up off the couch for about 7 hours. I've never smoked pot or anything, but I'd bought some edible suckers in Colorado last summer and those didn't do much for me. These things hit me wayyyy harder. I liked the lower-dose version that I also bought a bit better but that may be because I'm a lightweight.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I don't like the edibles. They taste funny (like overly artificialized), come on strong and it's more of a body high than the languid comforts of Persephone cooing into my ear.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

6. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

A little over a decade ago, my then-girlfriend was doing a piece on spice, which was widely available in gas stations across the south. She sent me out (ok, I volunteered) to buy some to see how hard it was to get. So I bought a bunch of it, she finishes her piece, it airs, and now I've got a packet or two of the stuff, so I figure, "Why not?"

It was harsh as all get out. I took two or three hits, and after 10 minutes or so, felt nothing until I went to get a beer out of the fridge, and the rush of cool air hit my face and I felt it. The buzz was similar, but not the same - I was really giggly. I watched a DVD of In Living Color and laughed my ass off, particularly at this sketch, which I watched several times:

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

8. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Well, tomorrow is 4/20 - anyone else celebrating, man?

Going to head to Washington Square Park around lunchtime, I think.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I use edibles when I walk to the beach, usually accompanied by a stop at one of my favorite watering holes
    Flower gets you high
    Edibles is more of an intense buzz
    Great if you’re running around and doing things

10. Jake from State Farm

I bought my 4/20 sale stuff on Monday
    When I moved to Florida you couldn’t buy flower or edibles, just CDB
    That was when Rick Scott and Pam Bondi were in charge
    The guy who owns Trulieve, the Publix of pot stores, was with Matt Gaetz and Joel Greenberg when they made their infamous trip with underage girls
    He’s also a buddy of DeSantis
    Flower and edibles became legal soon after DeSantis took over and I’m sure he’s getting a cut of the profits

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alabama is edging toward legal medical cannabis crabwise. They've done everything they can think of to make it un-fun and to limit access. The Alabama Speaker of the House says legalization is a minimum of four years away, because he's in office the next four years and he will never allow it to come to the floor. So much tax money they're pissing away.

Hell, still no lottery here.

PaperDoll likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Happy 4/20 everyone!!!

Octave likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted