1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was gonna write my column, but then I got high: The Cannabis Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Woody Long, Apr 13, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me: time to toke.

Then again, I smoke every day.

Woody Long likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed it a great deal in my 20s. But it got less enjoyable. Made me increasingly paranoid. So I stopped.

Had it from time to time since then and it was not a good reaction. Once was with an edible that I admittedly had too much. Another time was in Amsterdam.

Both occasions, rapid heart rate and really paranoid. No idea if it was a psychological or more physical reaction. Both times out of my normal element.

Anyone with a similar experience? It’d be fun to chill and relax that way once in awhile but maybe it’s just not for me any more.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m way too high-strung and my dad’s side has a history of schizophrenia. I feel like I’d take one edible and be shivering in a corner waiting for someone to take me away.

I never tried LSD or mushrooms for the same reason. I’m pretty sure I’d have a bad trip.

More power to people who can enjoy all that stuff, though.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

For some reason the original Facebook post won’t show on here. But this department in southwest Virginia seems mighty, uh, relaxed about legalization this summer.

Worrell: A message from the Pulaski Sheriff's Office about marijuana legalization

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Nothing shows America’s hypocrisy and idiocy more than the past attitudes on weed v alcohol.
    Stoned? “You’re a clown and embarrassment to your family and country!”

Wasted? “Way to go Joe! Now you’re a man!!”

Always hated the Sheriff types.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I just drove thru Pulaski. Not stoned.

Now I'm somewhere west of Knoxville.

I doubt I'll get stoned.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I-81 does enough to dull the senses on its own.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dog bites man: A drunk man killed his best friend with a gun. Card game or a woman the precipitating cause.

Man bites dog: A stoned man killed his best friend with a gun. Cheetos the precipitating cause.

10. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Welp, six months later, and I've not yet finished the second of the four eighths I bought. Never been a daily smoker, and I'm pretty discreet about it - I go out to the garage and use a dry herb vaporizer. I really thought I'd be smelling weed all over the place over the summer, but I have honestly only noticed it once. I guess we'll see when dispensaries open around here...

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Use an indica, not a sativa. You’ll be fine.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

These days, there are hundreds of strains taken in all sorts of ways. You can ask someone at the dispensary exactly what you're looking to accomplish and they'll have the perfect strain for you. And if you really want to start slow, start with tincture.

Draft saved Draft deleted