1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was gonna write my column, but then I got high: The Cannabis Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Woody Long, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The last time I tried to smoke it, it hurt. I'm not against edibles, but I don't think I'd want to be out and about trying it. I also know it's really easy to eat too much of them. This is not your grandfather's, or your college era, pot.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Learned my lesson once. It takes a while for it to kick in, so I took another gummy - bad mistake. Laugh about it now, though.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I read an article today that said the recent uptick in viewing nature documentaries during the pandemic is partially due to folks taking the trip into the outdoors while high, now that it’s legal in more states.

I gave pot multiple tries (ditch weed, higher potency varieties, hash) long before the turn of the century. It only heighten my nervousness and anxiety: results I had not hoped for. A few weed advocates in my life claim I just need to seek out the appropriate strains, but I think that I’m better off not going down that road again.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In the mid-90s, heavy snow days of winter, several of us would get pretty fucking stoned and play Risk while watching the Weather Channel.

Sometimes we just watched the Weather Channel.

Liquid TV was great stony viewing too.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I started smoking again to chill on the golf course in lieu of cigars. Nice high but couldn’t find right stuff so went back to stogies. Amazing that what cost $40 now used to be $200 30 hrs ago (and so much better!)

Woody Long likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Baked Liquid Television was best Liquid Television.

Songbird likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

OTOH, those 3-putts didn't bother you quite so much, right?

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Eye agree

[​IMG]

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, but man I hate 3 jacks. (I'm usually pretty reliable on the lag putting, it's not sinking any birdie putts that's killing me right now.)

10. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

It’s been legal in Canada for 2-3 years and I’ve gone with the drinkable ‘citrus shots’ that gives the nice, but not debilitating, buzz that the new age pot does. I gave up smoking because it’s so powerful I can’t play the guitar or really do too much physically. Using the small $8 citrus shot in tiny 1/3 doses gives a nice feeling and motivates me for about 3 hours to do everything outside as far as yard work, wash the cars, clean the bikes etc. all the while streaming Sirius XM on a portable speaker and topping the afternoon off with a couple of cold ones. Puts me in a happy zone for 3 hours. The weird thing is it suppresses my appetite!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I'd occasionally partake on the golf course with friends over the past few years. My only real experience with edibles was with some gummies a buddy brought back form Colorado. Took one on the first hole, smoked a little bit and was stoned to the Bejeezus Belt by the fourth hole. Laughed my way around the course to an 80-something.

qtlaw likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nothing says absurdism like baked absurdism. It was so bad yet I was so locked in.​

Draft saved Draft deleted