1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was gonna write my column, but then I got high: The Cannabis Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Woody Long, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Anyway - I love the edibles and playing board games with the wife, and I hate board games. When it kicks in, we have a blast - and it doesn't always involve board games.

In all seriousness, After taking an edible i've never slept better. Cannot smoke the thing because I have no clue how to exhale - pathetic.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I live just fine, thank you.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One of my best friends has a Shih Tzu old enough for a drivers license who suffers with a bad back. I wish she would try something like that for him, although I am dead certain she would not.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Do what you want... I just feel you criticize it because you have never tried it.

Two posters I would love to get high with here is @DanielSimpsonDay and @Octave - I'll bring the beer, boys - you bring the edibles.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I didn't criticize anybody or anything. Do you have a guilty conscience? I just decided it was not for me. Weed has messed up a bunch of friends. In junior college it was everywhere, but I was fortunate that when I told them no thanks, they just kept it for themselves. I'm not criticizing you.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Please ask her to give it a chance. Even if she just gets CBD, it might make her little fuzzball more comfortable.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like a weirdo, I want to watch.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Anybody from this cinematic universe is welcome to smoke the fraternal bowl, with me.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No. My experiments with it back in middle and high school in the 80s tended to give the negative voices in my head a chorus-like quality. Told me everything I needed to know about it, and I’ve not gone anywhere near it since then.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've never smoked it, but I did get pretty buzzed from the smoke blowing back in my face at an outdoor Allman Brothers concert once. I'm not against it. It just isn't my thing.
    Just give me a cold beer or twelve, and I'm good to go.
    Legalize it? Heck yeah. If that tax money gets my road paved and the investments mean I can buy more beer in retirement. Bring it on.

FileNotFound and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted