1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I was gonna write my column, but then I got high: The Cannabis Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Woody Long, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

As a resident of a state where the enjoyment of Cannabis is has become legal, I figured we should have a thread about it.

Just had my first experience with purchasing Cannabis (mostly) legally in DC last weekend. Couldn't believe how easy it was - it took me longer to find parking near the dispensary than it did to get buzzed in, make my selections, pay and go.

Anyhow, interested to hear the thoughts and reviews of others, recommendations on where to go, strains, edibles, and what have you...

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL the thread title and "to get buzzed in."

misterbc and Woody Long like this.
  3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I get my second COVID-19 dose next week, the same week our town is opening a dispensary. I will let you know the 20th.

Woody Long likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You really should have waited one more week to start this thread.

Woody Long likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dispensary lines on 4-20 are going to be the new bar crowds on 3-17.

garrow and Woody Long like this.
  6. Woody Long

I really wish I had written that pun intentionally...

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I agree with one thing Whitlock ever said- weed is a PED for writers.

Woody Long and Liut like this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The edibles are more of a body high, which is nice I guess, but it's not too far a feeling from having a bellyful of wine. Just without the aftereffects of such. Not into that anymore.

I just want to go to Zoron and I'll take the space rocket that gets me there fastest.

Woody Long likes this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What's a ballpark price for weed these days? Not that I know from experience, of course, but those I knew in college in the mid-70s were paying $15 OR $20 an ounce. The guy who supplied my dorm would show up with his backpack full of ounce bags at $15 a pop and he'd leave with the bag empty and his wallet quite full.

11. Woody Long

I decided to try a few different strains, each was between $55 and $75 per eighth-ounce, which is around what I was paying in college 20 years ago... but it's far higher quality and more potent.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Vermont really shit the bed. It could have become the first state east of Colorado to swim in cash from retail sales but lawmakers were morons in 2016.

Massachusetts won the race and has sold over a billion dollars worth in less than 2 years.

Anyway, I've gone down to Williamstown (go, Ephs!) to buy it from a retail shop and the process is so fast, fluid, easy.

They usually sell in 1/8ths which sells between $50 and $60.

Draft saved Draft deleted