1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to go to Wrigley Field.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Apr 23, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I want to go to Wrigley too. Never been. :(

(random Brook note: Wrigley hosted Brook's second and final All-Star Game appearance)

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm usually able to find good deals on Ebay.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

If you're willing to spend some cash for good seats, call the ticket office about 9 a.m. on game day and see if they've released unclaimed tickets - ones the players' families and the like that go unused that day.

If you wanna be really cheap, pay like $12 and get Standing Room Only tickets. You can usually find a seat by the third inning, but you gotta be sneaky about it.

If you're making a weekend of it, stay at a hotel with easy access to the El's Red Line, which goes directly to Wrigley.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This Ebays of which you speak ... it has good ticket prices.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Uh. ... no thanks.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

From the standpoint of watching a game and enjoying a ballpark and all its amenities (seating, in-park accessibility, food, etc.), Comiskey is the place to go. It's hands down better than Wrigley in those respects. Even Cubs fans who have been to both parks, if they're honest, will admit that. Just as I'll admit that if the game is only a small part of the whole experience, then Wrigley is the way to go. It's in a nicer neighborhood, and there's tons more to do before and after the game. If you don't mind hanging out with dirty Cubs fans. :)

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

wait, a park built in the 90s has more amenities than one built i the teens? i don't believe it....

if you're a baseball fan, go to wrigley. if you want to run on the field and find some old person to start beating, go to the cell

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I haven't been to Wrigley Field for a game since I was 16. I have to make it back and take advantage of my legal age.

I will say, though, that it was one of the most thrilling experiences of my sports life. My favorite team was playing Da Cubs, and there was a rain delay so I just sat under the upper deck and soaked in the atmosphere. One of my favorite memories.

Cubs won, though. Boo.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... no. The Cell may have better concessions and more bathrooms, but it has substandard beer (Miller Lite, ugh) and has some really bad seats once you're talking upper deck or back of the bleachers. Wrigley has no bad seats, unless you're one of the 50 or so behind a pole.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

The one game I've been to, Sosa hit an inside the park homer.

And, frankly, the game isn't the point so much (especially for her ... how else do you explain us going to a Cubs-Nationals game ... sorry, Moddy). She wants to see Wrigley.

Buddy e-mailed me a few minutes ago, said he might be able to find bleacher seats for me. That would be outstanding.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

By the way, I've had no problem with Stubhub.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Hoops and Doc, Wrigley is a terrible ballpark to watch a game in. Always has been, always will be. That's tradition. All the meth-addled Sox fans in the world won't change that.

Draft saved Draft deleted