1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to go to Wrigley Field.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Well, actually The Future wants to go. I've been, but would definitely go again even though I'm a Cardinals fan. We're targeting May 6 against (God, I can't believe we're actually going to this game) the Washington Nationals. (HI Moddy! :D)

Since the Cubs are shaddy with their tickets, and now I can't get seats from the team, I'm searching the Web. Obviously Stubhub is a start, and I've found some decent seats for good prices, but does anyone use other ticket sites?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The corner of Addison and Sheffield is a pretty good site.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That's where we got our tickets.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I used Craigslist when I went to the World Series. I was six hours from the host city, but I still made arrangements with the guy to pay cash in the parking lot of a Home Depot.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, but how did you pay for the tickets?

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Are you suggesting scalpers or the team (now left questioning if they're one in the same)?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My trip to Wrigley is one my wife and I will never forget. Ever.

Cash in the kid's savings bonds (they're a bad idea, anyway) and hop a flight, brother.

8. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

Go to a White Sox game instead.

9. Oz

Oz Active Member

I used Craigslist to by tickets to Fenway last year, but paid via Paypal and got the tickets within days after that. Got them for a reasonable price.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

We're a 3-hour drive. Planning on making a weekend out of it, if she gets the time off.
    It's not so much the travel (although, I really don't like dealing with the parking, or lackthereof, or driving around that part of town), I just want to find a good deal on tickets.

Finding tickets on the street is starting to sound like a better and better idea. It's not like we'll get there way before first pitch anyways ... and if we walk in a few minutes late, no biggie.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Scalp 'em at the park.

12. Oz

Oz Active Member

And definitely drink at Murphy's before the game and The Cubby Bear after it.

Draft saved Draft deleted