1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want to go to Wrigley Field.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Well, actually The Future wants to go. I've been, but would definitely go again even though I'm a Cardinals fan. We're targeting May 6 against (God, I can't believe we're actually going to this game) the Washington Nationals. (HI Moddy! :D)

Since the Cubs are shaddy with their tickets, and now I can't get seats from the team, I'm searching the Web. Obviously Stubhub is a start, and I've found some decent seats for good prices, but does anyone use other ticket sites?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The corner of Addison and Sheffield is a pretty good site.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That's where we got our tickets.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I used Craigslist when I went to the World Series. I was six hours from the host city, but I still made arrangements with the guy to pay cash in the parking lot of a Home Depot.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, but how did you pay for the tickets?

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Are you suggesting scalpers or the team (now left questioning if they're one in the same)?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My trip to Wrigley is one my wife and I will never forget. Ever.

Cash in the kid's savings bonds (they're a bad idea, anyway) and hop a flight, brother.

8. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

Go to a White Sox game instead.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I used Craigslist to by tickets to Fenway last year, but paid via Paypal and got the tickets within days after that. Got them for a reasonable price.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

We're a 3-hour drive. Planning on making a weekend out of it, if she gets the time off.
    It's not so much the travel (although, I really don't like dealing with the parking, or lackthereof, or driving around that part of town), I just want to find a good deal on tickets.

Finding tickets on the street is starting to sound like a better and better idea. It's not like we'll get there way before first pitch anyways ... and if we walk in a few minutes late, no biggie.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Scalp 'em at the park.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And definitely drink at Murphy's before the game and The Cubby Bear after it.

Draft saved Draft deleted