1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I want a new hometown, too ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 18, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

... considering what I'm going to have to look at during NFL season, if tonite's MNF contest is any indication.

Giants 30, Browns 3 in little more than a quarter. Browns have given up TDs on offense, defense, and special teams. Josh Cribbs in the locker room due to injury. Derek Anderson concussed out of the game. Braylon Edwards not playing due to stupidity in training camp (running in socks, got cleated). Anderson looked awful when he wasn't concussed; couldn't even execute a handoff to Jamal Lewis on the goal line.

Secondary is a joke. Offensive line mauled by Giants. Granted, Gints did the same thing to the Patriots' vaunted offensive line in the Super Bowl, but the Browns are supposed to have one of the better lines in football.

Yes, it's only preseason. But living in Cleveland, there's no reason to believe this is anything other than an omen for the regular season.

2. I'd want to move out of Cleveland, too. Oh, and the Browns suck. :)

3. pallister

pallister Guest

You whine like your city hasn't won a major sports championship in 44 years.

4. TheSportsPredictor

I have been predicting an Indians-like collapse for the Browns ever since the Indians collapsed. Their schedule is very tough. Then you throw in injuries. Last year the Browns were relatively injury free. Can't expect that again. Already they've lost Davin Holley, Joe Jurevicius, Braylon Edwards, and Ryan Tucker for significant time in training camp.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

yeah, they've looked horrid tonight. Maybe Brady will light it up against the second-team d....

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It's preseason...we all know it means nothing. But still, the Browns better get their shit into gear quickly because that schedule is BRUTAL.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As a Bengals fan, this is the next best thing to the Bengals winning. And I'm not holding my breath there.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

TSP, You sound a lot like Art Modell.

9. amraeder

Hey, they're getting Chris Henry back: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3541693

As far as the Browns go, it seems like all the concerns about their d-backs were warranted. Then some...

10. amraeder

ZING!

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I realize the Bengals lack depth at receiver, but even though Henry knows the system -- both the Bengals offense and the Hamilton County detention center -- he won't be available for at least four weeks.

12. TheSportsPredictor

Only thing worse than the Browns' play is their pants.

At least sportschick can enjoy a David Carr appearance.

Draft saved Draft deleted