1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I visited hell yesterday;

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

NEIL PEART, etc.

2. EE94

EE94 Guest

at my daughter's fifth birthday she got spooked and wouldn't come out of one the elevated hamster-tunnel-thingies.
    I had to go in and get her.
    Was about 110 degrees with a rancid smell. I felt like Andy in Shawshank
    Have never been back.
    To Chucky's I mean.

3. joe

joe Active Member

W.C. Fields, come on down!

4. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

No, I have always pictured IJAG as the guy from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" who puts the kids in jail.

"Come here children, get into my cage on wheels cleverly designed as an ice cream wagon"

And I admitted this in another thread, I was Chuck E. Cheese.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Well, that solves the mystery of the picture then. It's Legume holding the beans. :D

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Winner!

But it takes a lot of tickets to win the beans.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I always liked their pizza.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I've been to Hell, but I think I went at the wrong time of year. It was awful cold.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I have three kids. When we go, I try to put down a pitcher for each of them.
    My wife drives home. I have little memory of the experience.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've been there a few times with my folks.

I still remember one time my mother and I were going to go there for a fun mother-son night out and her work made her work mandatory overtime. I was pissed (NOT at her. I knew it wasn't her fault.)

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese a few months ago. It was the first time I'd been there since the 80s.

It is hell.

It seems like the place is much, much smaller than it was back when my clan used to go. As I recall, the video games were kind of segregated in one area, the theatre was elsewhere, the carnival games were somewhere else, and the seating was kind of self-contained.

Now it's all jumbled together, at least the one I went to was, probably so Chuck E. Cheese can spend more money on cheese and beer, not on overhead. It's like they crammed a Chuck E. Cheese into a space intended for a McDonald's.

There's less games, less distractions, but an equal amount of people. The quality and quantity of arcade video games is way down from back in my day, you have 50 screaming fucking kids vying to play some dipshit Dance game.

We were smart enough not to get any food, which appeared to be made of plastic. Anyone who buys alcohol there is a flipping moron. I've seen cheaper ballpark beer.

It was loud. It was claustrophobic. It was chock full 'o cretins. I'll never return.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Remember the E stands for Entertainment!

Draft saved Draft deleted