1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I visited hell yesterday;

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

And Satan looked a little something like this.

[​IMG]

Me, wife, and kid got out of town for a couple days, and we told the kid he could pick supper one night, and he said he wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese.

I tried to tell him that the town we were in didn't have one, and he said, (I swear to God)......"Dad.....it's right next to Hooters....."

Me, thinking the kid was full of shit......drive up the road, and sure as shit........right next fucking door.

Apparently, my 8-year old boy has been making frequent road trips.

Anyhoo, nevermind the lady holding the rope that acts like she's doing security for the president, nevermind the kid named Antjuan on break from Foot-Locker who comes in to shoot some hoops for his girlfriend, nevermind the Vietnamese kid with 190,000 tickets crammed into a 2 oz. cup, nevermind the lady with a fresh head wound, and tattoo of Jesus taking up her entire arm breast-feeding her baby at the table while smoking a pack of Kools.

So.........young readers........I have visited hell, and it was bad.....Oh yes, the pizza was bad........the company with my wife and kid.......Couldn't have been better.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I miss those days at Showbiz (nee Chuck E. Cheese). Me and the old man had some epic battles at bubble-dome hockey there, and I was a fiend on the wiffle ball-batting cage.

Rarely ate there... but never had to twist the old man's arm too hard to re-create the 1980 hockey medal round.

3. Perhaps he remembers going to Chuck E. Cheese last time he was at Hooters.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/46481/

And Chuck E. Cheese is OK, if you know when to go and which ones not to go to.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Why is the rat holding what appears to be a can of beans in that picture?

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wow.

Thanks, man.

7. Contrary to what my wife says, I actually do pay attention.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm sorry, chef. i really am.

every father who walks through those doors deserves to leave with a medal of honor if he doesn't absolutely go bugshit before walking back out those same doors.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

One of my most vivid memories of childhood is going to Showbiz Pizza for my cousin's 7th birthday (in 1982) and seeing people 10 deep in line to play Pac-Man.

10. My kid and I go about once a month. Mostly on rainy or cold days.

I make sure we eat beforehand so we don't spend a fortune on the food. I also bring a coupon where you get 100 tokens for $10. Every games's a token so that's a couple of hours of entertainment on $10. Beats some of the other places where you're paying $1, $1.50 per game.

It's a little sketchy at times, but just make sure you don't go in there after 6 on a Friday or Saturday night.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

There was actually talk in our town of either shutting Chuck E. Cheese down completely, or at the very least suspending their liquor licenses, because of the high number of drunk and disorderlies, fights and -- yes -- shootings.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They sell alcohol at Chuck E. Cheese?
    Damn, I might have to go play some drunken skee ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted