1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I-Tunes/iPod question ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Ex-Girlfriend and I broke up over one year ago and all my iPod songs were on her computer but registered to me. I just talked to her and let her know I was changing the account so she wouldn't pay for my songs I buy now, but is there any way I can get the songs we downloaded when we were together that are already on her computer?
    Basically, I need my songs back. She's in PA and I'm in RI. Will Apple let me download them for free? Or do I need to have her burn them to CD for me? Or is there any way I can rip songs from my iPod to my computer?
    Oh, and I'm technologically impaired, so try to keep answers simple.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Do a Google. There is software out there that will let you download music from your iPod onto your hard drive.

3. Rhody31

What's a google? [searching for joking font]

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

OK, first we gotta get some terms straight.

Are your songs on your (portable) iPod? Or on her computer? Or both?

5. Rhody31

Songs are on my iPod and on her computer. She lives in PA with her computer, I live in RI with my new laptop.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Then I echo what was said earlier... you just need to download utility software (search for freeware at downloads.com) onto your computer and use it to extract songs from your iPod onto your computer. I've done it before, it's really easy. The Apple iTunes store allows you to "license" up to five computers to host your songs, so it shouldn't be a problem.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

this is where i'm confused... if i could charge all my shit to the bitch, it would be done in a heartbeat. fuck, i'd be buying everything in the motherfuckin' store

but, i guess you guys have had a healthier breakup than mine -- last i saw her she had a knife at my throat

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

9. Sandman

Sandman Member

I posed this question on this board about a year ago (under a different name). My laptop caught a virus and everything was wiped out, including my itunes. I still had all the songs on my ipod though. Someone directed me here:

http://www.sturm.net.nz/website.php?Section=iPod+Programs&Page=Sharepod

This is free software that allows you to take the songs from your ipod, download them to your computer, then import them into itunes. Pretty painless, too -- whole process for me (with just under 1K songs) was around 25 minutes.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Use the free program "stenuti" (itunes backward) to pull the music off your ipod and onto your comp. I promise it's really easy! :D

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Hoops, I always suspected you had a way with the ladies, but Lindsay Lohan? Well done.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Hopefully easier than spelling iTunes backward. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted