1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I totally hate the Cubs but ****

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I imagine covering them is fun. Or at least not dull. A full season around Piniella could be quite the experience. Those who know tell me if I'm wrong.

Yesterday, he elects to walk Ryan Zimmerman to load the bases and bring up Dmitri Young. Maybe not the smartest move, given Young has been hitting pretty well. But, whatever.
    Rich Hill is ahead 1-2 and comes in with this eat-shit little curve that Young knocks out of there.

To Lou:

"We tried to set up the double play," Piniella said, "but the shortstop doesn't play in the bullpen."

I would have been a professional and not LOL'ed. Not a great quote but better than your standard fare.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL@LOU

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

Sounds like Lou is a riot to cover, which must help during the long losing streaks.

5. Moderator1

What? I gotta post a buncha videos to get any love on my threads? You bitches need to join the ModdyArmy lol!!):))

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The other side is you can ask Lou a perfectly reasonable question and, if he's in the wrong mood, he'll take your head off.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Eh, fuck the Cubs. :D

8. Moderator1

There's that. Is it a reasonable tradeoff for more color than you generally get elsewhere?

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the best is to hear lou stories from others...

i've heard some doozies

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Cubs have the best record in baseball since he got himself ejected a few weeks ago.

I think Lou overmanages sometimes. As crappy as his bullpen is, why take a guy out after he pitches a scoreless inning? He's got to go from one guy to the other just because he thinks that's the best way to go. But other than Ohman and Marmol, there aren't a lot of relievers who are all that reliable.

At least he's kept himself fit and trim since he retired as a player. :)

11. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Ohman isn't exactly reliable, although he's been better recently.

For a while in the early part of the year, when the Cubs' bullpen blew just about every lead given it, I thought his name was Ohman (BS,). If that was his last name, he and Scott Eyre must be brothers.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Look. You got a pipeline, you can't have an army too -- besides, that's taken.

Moddy's Marines?

Draft saved Draft deleted