1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I thought this was interesting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was clearing an old e-mail and found this about reading and word recognition:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wlel, taht eplxinas how kids can raed tnixts taht are meslespild,

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Don't worry, the desk will clean it up.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On ti wn'to. ehty lal enbe alid fof.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That is the reason I screw up so often in my writing and my headlines, I just don't damn slow down and read the words carefully. I have actually had to force myself to take time to make sure that my headlines don't read just plain garble.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've ben tring to tell u gys tht for a whle now.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I could use this to make a huge splash in education, where new trends are highly prized regardless of efficacy.
    Instead of teaching spelling, reading, phonics, etc, children just need to learn what letters are in the word, and only two of the letters have to be in the correct position.

9. CR19

CR19 Member

You should join the protesters at the spelling bee.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Best part of this thread? That so many people have fucked up just having to have the first and last letters right, but still include every letter.

Awesome work.

Draft saved Draft deleted