1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I thought Goodell was cleaning up the NFL's image?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Prince of Persia, Oct 12, 2007.

1. I don't know if this belongs here. Moddys, please feel free to move if necessary, but . . .

EA Sports announced today that Shawne Merriman will be on the cover of its new game, NFL Tour. At the NFL's urging, EA decided to scrap it's NFL Street franchise because the NFL didn't want its players portrayed as thugs, as was part of the backdrop for the game for anyone who has played it. But to have Merriman on the cover doesn't seem to be what the NFL had in mind. I know for a fact the NFL and EA worked closely on this game, so why was the decision made to put someone who violated the steroid policy on the cover of a game the league wants kids to play. I'm probably making too much of a big deal about this, it is just a video game, but isn't the NFL doing everything to clean up its image. Why do this?

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Vick was their first choice, but I heard he's not playing this year.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, i heard goodell made the coverboy pick himself. nice work.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Unable to get updated Rae Carruth art so they had to go with Merriman.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fucking goodell.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

This issue, and the Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears/Owen Wilson ongoing news stories, mean nothing in the grand scheme of things

Draft saved Draft deleted