1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I thought animals would strike curious poses tonight ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No red-light camera at the intersection?

And there were witnesses, your family members are witnesses. Especially your wife, if she saw you had a green light.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

If you ever have to drive on I-29, while wearing a Vince Coleman or Jesse Barfield jersey, you are going to shit your pants.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've driven on I-29, the second-to-last time in a snowstorm from Kansas City to Omaha. That road always makes me uncomfortable.

I had breakdowns and/or accidents on Wisconsin 29 (blown tire in Wausau at 3:30 a.m. driving home from a MNF game and an accident in Menomonie, Wis. when I was hit by some old fucker named Booger Jim) and Ohio 29 (blew a water pump in Celina, Ohio).

To recap my 29-related biggies, my mother died on Oct. 29, my maternal grandmother died on Feb. 9 (2/9), I was robbed at gunpoint on April 29 and then today (6-14-09). There's other more minor things I've forgotten.

I'm 58 in 2029 ... 29x2. Maybe that's when I turn into starchild or something.

And to Chef's point, there's not a single prominent Wisconsin athlete that ever wore No. 29. Chris Bosio is the Brewers' best with that number by miles. No Packers worth a shit have worn it in my lifetime (Mike McCoy and Ken Stills tie for "the best"). No Milwaukee Buck has ever worn the number.

Strangely, I remember nothing of (bad) consequence that occurred when I was 29.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow.

Glad you and yours are OK, bubs.

That old guy was a jackass. Can't believe that was the first damn thing out of his mouth.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe you won't have a car payment when this is all done. If someone runs a red and slams into me with my kid in the back, it is game-fucking-on.

Draft saved Draft deleted