1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think we're dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Best part is the chick snort-laughing off camera ...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's just classic. I didn't realize that time slowing down was a harbinger of death. I thought your life flashing before your eyes was.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I could go for a brownie right about now.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I wonder if the cop called 911 at 4:20 in the afternoon.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I can sort of relate. A few years ago, I scarfed some pot pills off someone I am close to who had cancer (she decided not to use them). She had gotten them to counteract the chemo nausea... First time I tried one, a half hour went by and then, "wham!" this intense 20 minute high unlike anything I had ever experienced washed over me and I just lay there tripping. I came down really quickly, but was left exhausted... I slept it off... I tried it again a few nights later and nothing happened. It might as well have been a sugar pill... Still, I grabbed a few others, but never took them. From what I understood, they weren't supposed to get you high, so I figured the second night was the norm...

Fast forward about two years later. One day I am at home and I discover the pills. I'm alone and bored. I decide to take one... A half hour goes by and nothing. So stupidly, I take another one. Another 15 or 20 minutes goes by and "wham," suddenly I get hit by a Mack truck loaded to the gills with paranoia. The whole world slowed down and I felt like death. I was bouncing off the walls in slow motion, when all of a sudden I got the worst case of the munchies ever. So I decided to walk to the grocery store. Except everything was happening in slow motion and I had the worst feeling of paranoia you can imagine. If someone on the street was walking toward me, I freaked out and crossed the street. I crossed back and forth so many times, I must have looked like a game of Frogger gone berserk. There was a line at the grocery store and I have never been that freaked out in my life. I was trying to hide how whacked out I was feeling, but I am sure I had to have outwardly been acting like a freak. To this day I wonder how I was acting. When I got home, I scarfed down what I had bought and prayed to God that the awful feeling would go away. I am not sure if I thought about calling 911, but it was that bad. Thankfully I didn't and I just passed out and woke up the next day without the paranoia, but feeling like death.

I can't believe I just told that story here.

7. Italian_Stallion

One day in the mid-90s, I pulled up at a stop light in the small city where I had spent my entire life. It was daylight, but I was lost. I sat there for two minutes trying to figure out where the hell I was. Finally, I gave up and drove on. Turns out I was in the middle of town, just a block off the main drag. There's nothing particularly interesting about that intersection, but I can describe the buildings that sit on the four corners.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

BOO!

9. EE94

EE94 Guest

once dropped acid at a big cottage party, as did most of the people there.
    Was a pretty bizarre scene.
    A few hours into it, a buddy and I heard that someone had some weed, which we thought would mellow us out.
    We went on what seemed like an epic journey to find the person with the weed - keeping in mind that it's not so easy to carry on a conversation on acid, so it didn't seem logical to just ask. (Not to mention that Neil Young was playing in the living room and other acid-heads were all sitting around on the floor with their backs to the wall and I remember thinking that it was some kind of mass suicide - which of course, I didn't bother to try to prevent)
    But anyway, we went searching for the weed and lo and behold, we found it.
    We begged a small amount and grabbed a paper and proceeded to roll, all the while looking forward to the weed taking the edge off the acid buzz.
    So we fire it up and take a few tokes and then - BAM - it's acid buzz times 20.
    I just remember looking at my buddy, wondering what the hell was going on, and him looking at me.
    With wide fearful eyes, he says, "Oh no" and stumbles off on his own trip, leaving me with mine.
    Will always remember that plaintive "Oh no"

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Some people are chuckling at this story.

Some of us are just sitting here thinking, "You know ... I know exactly what EE94's buddy was feeling."

And the feeling isn't pleasant.

11. Italian_Stallion

I found a second version that has the full 911 call. That news station spliced the thing up to make it funny. It was still funny, but some of those comments were a minute apart rather than back to back.

Draft saved Draft deleted